Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Kudos To Us Moms

I think that being an at home mom is such an important job. I will say that we don't get the recognition that we should though; it is hard, stressful and sometimes very lonely. Our lives become very repetitious and I know that sometimes I lose site of my purpose.

I feel like we don't get the kudos that we need to from others around us, we don't have a boss to give us a pat on the back or a raise for that matter so sometimes we just need to give ourselves kudos and each other, all of us at home moms, caregivers, housewives, we are important.

We as a group need to give each other a pat on the back and know that we appreciate each other and know exactly what we are going through, we can understand each other to the fullest. I can say thank you to you all and myself for being there every second for our kids.

It is worth it when they come up to us and give us a great big kiss and hug, it feels so good, we need to just breathe in those moments. They will grow up and come back to us when they are older and they need a hug and a kiss, It will be us mom's they look for to give it to them!!!!!

1 comment:

Easton Linstrom said...

Damn right kudos to you. My daughter and my son both are with you more hours a workday than with me and you are the best person for them to be with. They could be at a daycare where they are just a price tag and a number instead of Anya and Phil your babies during the workweek. Someone who really cares about what is going on in our lives and you are someone who will give it to me straight too. I love that about you. I am so glad I saw your sign in your yard in May of 2006 and I am so glad that I called you and have gotten to know you and your family. And you likewise dealing with my crazy mother and sister. I don't know what I would do without you Shannon so KUDOS TIMES ONE BILLION TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU